Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting Things Done Rap

The title of this topic “Getting Things Done” seems to me like a good Rap Song. GTD is good for me, follow the steps and just feel free. No more stress or sleepless nights, with GTD I do alright!

I’ve always been a very busy person. There are times when I have so many different tasks to do. So when I read this phrase: “It is possible for a person to have an overwhelming number of things to do and still function productively with a clear head and a positive sense of relaxed control”. I got excited...

How did you organize your process? I stopped relying on my memory or head a long time ago. I now mostly rely on my Google Apps. I have my email and calendar synchronized to my BlackBerry. Almost everything is on my calendar or inbox. I also use the labeling system a lot, that way I know what is new, important, from which person or school, subject, department, etc. My labels would be similar to having different inboxes. I’m thinking of adding some other labels to improve my collection of things to do. I think I wasn’t that lost regarding the second step or process part, I guess I’ve already had some training on that, ha! I really liked the third step, I’m still meditating on which would be the best tool for organizing my 5 buckets… I think that I need to improve my review process, it’s were I need most improvement. When it comes to “doing” I had never thought of the three types and how there should be a balance. Now that I know, I’m paying more attention to what I usually do.

What was it like for you going through the process the first time? Do you think that this process will help you? Why or why not? It definitely made me think of my daily habits. I’m happy that I wasn’t doing that bad. But there are still many things that I can improve. Now that I started studying again, I’m sure this will help me with the extra tasks in my life.

Do you think you will continue this process? I really liked the process, it’s simple and practical. I will keep the GDT technique in mind from now on.

1 comment:

Miztech said...

Isn't it interesting that no matter how organized your think you are, someone still manages to come up with another idea that helps you get better. I am a list person and can always tell when the lists are not being used when the stress level rises. All of us need to know better ways to GTD.
PS - I like the rap. :-)