Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RSS Reader Reflections


I've known about RSS feed for a while, but never really used them as a personal tool. You might say I was more interested on how they worked and how I could incorporate them on a webpage. It's now been a couple of weeks since I have my Google Reader account, and it's showed me how practical having a tool like this can be. I’m currently managing 11 RSS feeds, and to be honest I wouldn’t add many more. The amount of updates that I receive is just enough to provide me with new information every day.

I chose Google Reader because I can use my same Google account. And I can also share the things I like in Google Buzz, that way my friends can comment on them. I’m not very convinced about having to make bundles, but hey nothing is perfect, ha!

The feeds that I added to the original list were:

1. Computer Science Teacher Association and CSTA Alerts Feeds: I’m really happy with both of these additions. I visited the webpage quite often, but now the updates come to me. I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner…

2. The Eduteka Feed: This is probably the best resource in Latin America when it comes to technology integrations. I was very fortunate to meet two of the people in charge of this project. They have been part of my PLN from the start.

3. The Savy Technologist and Dangerously Irrelevant Blog Feeds. I just discovered these two blogs and I’ve enjoyed reading their posts. The articles make me reflect on the use of technology in education.

1 comment:

Miztech said...

Wondering if you think Google method of feeds is limiting? It seems harder to share your feeds than other readers. I do like the interconnectedness for my personal use but find it hard to share things with others.

Glad to see you have found some useful places to keep under a watchful eye.